Monday, February 17, 2020

Alone In The Theater



On a recent weekend my son and I decided to go to the movies and to our surprise there was no one else in the theater besides us.  No one else ever came in during the entire length of the movie.  

It was a strange and wonderful experience all at the same time.  So many thoughts ran through my head during this time.  Were we the only ones that thought this movies was worth a view?  Was something else going on that weekend where everyone else in the area was at?   Was this movie really bad?  Was it destined for us to see them movie alone?  and the list goes on and on.  

No mater the reason it was a wonderful experience.  I felt like the actors were performing specifically for us, my son bounce from chair to chair and even watch some of the movie standing right in front of the screen.  We talked during the movie without keeping our voices lowered.  All this lead to great quality time for a father and son.

I did make sure to clean up our area before we left, after all the theater people would have known it was us if we had left a mess.  One thing I though about on our car ride home was you know sometimes it is okay to be alone.  For the times when my son was not sitting beside me  and I was sitting alone watching the movie I was at peace and it was a wonderful feeling.  Not that I want to be alone all the time but at times it feels pretty good.  






No comments:

Post a Comment